Wednesday, December 9, 2009

SOL gets groovy

Well, after meeting up at the track and warming up, the few who showed up to the correct gym location in the snow storm for conditioning decided to get creative. Jess Haller suggested that the Zumba class (taught by former SOLmate, Kristi Finco) going on over at the other side of the track would be fun. Needless to say, Jess, Heather, George, and I attempted to do this. We got a great workout in...but I think I can speak for both George and myself when I say we do not have the greatest dance moves in the world. Unlike the one girl in the front row, us trying this new class was humorous to say the least. I definitely had some fun...and I'm sure Brit and Whit had fun laughing at us, as they could not participate.

We ended up taking advantage of the excess gym space (due to the intramural tournament of champions running through tonight) and enjoyed extra room to throw and what not.

Heather and I went to dodgeball and made some new friends too. I only got hit once in the face, but let's be honest, some girl already chipped my tooth yesterday at intramural finals, so no big deal.

Heading into finals with our gift exchange and SOLunch on Sunday afternoon before finals. Final stretch. Woo hoo.

{P.S. A special shout out to my new inspiration, Melissa Brown, for being the first SOL mate of the season to throw up at conditioning yesterday. She did her thing, and pushed through a hella tough workout in Zorn. We're working hard. SOL team stair count from conditioning practices only, thus far: 13,860 and yes this is an accurate number, I have been keeping track}

Go out and make a snow angel please. I know I will in the morning.

5 comments:

  1. dude, myself and two other bettys did zumba last year--i totally agree w/ you robyn. got a great workout, but my moves were NOT up to par... gotta love cross training ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thank you to Robyn for telling the whole blog world that i threw up during conditioning. For your information, it wasn't that bad. I just got vapor locked and couldn't breath so I ended up puking a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha...oh Brownie. I was just saying how awesome you are for doing so and continuing to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I was being a little sarcastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading this comment again, if kinda sounds like I'm being a bitch but I wasn't trying to be, lol.

    ReplyDelete