Tuesday, April 7, 2009

West Plains Sectionals Results

I'll be honest, I think that this section had some upsets in it. They did not necessarily play out to what I was expecting.

Results:
Iowa State
Iowa
Luther
Grinnell

Iowa State
The Women Scorned only allowed 7 points to be scored on them all day. They have good depth and lots of skills. Melissa Gibbs, unstoppable as a deep and with huge pulls, and Jasmine Draper, quick as hell with layout D's to spare, provide good leadership for this talented team. Their handlers are chill, patient, and work very well together. Many players have the ability to switch from an effective cutter, to a handler. They have definitely developed well over the past 8 or so months.

Iowa
Saucy Nancy in the second place spot really surprises me. I did not think that they had the disc skills that Luther had, or the athleticism. Iowa is clearly peaking at the right time.

Luther
I was rather impressed with what I saw last fall with this team. Height and strong throws, atheleticism...but what I forgot was that this team is full of experience. They went 2-1 in pool, but lost to Iowa in bracket.

Grinnell
The Sticky Tongues have had a rough spring. I think they were pretty young, and without some strong leadership from what I remember last fall.

We'll be seeing the top three teams at regionals....cross your fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment